Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Pimp

Who would've guessed that at age 20, a 6 pack of Shiner, a club called "Connections" and a song called "Return of the Mack" would forever change my life! Well it did...here's the story:

It was 1997 and Tiffany and I were having a great night at Connections. I spotted 2 guys that I knew from High School so we decided to go over and talk to them. At that moment, the "song" came on and we all ran off to dance. It was like the coolest song of the summer. Tiffany went for Alan so I was left to dance with Craig...this "sort of a nerd" jock from High School that now had really long hair...and jeans with holes in them (and those weren't cool then). Turns out we had a really fun time hanging out with them that night and ended up chatting until the wee hours of the morning (with our 6 pack of Shiner) BTW...not sure how we scored that. Oh yea..I think Craig's fake ID. So when the sun was rising and it was time to head off to bed, Craig gave me his number and told me to call him...487-PIMP (seriously his parents number..please don't call them). Who knew that he'd later become my husband, my CPA and the wonderful father of my 3 children. Happy 9th Anniversary Craig! After all these years, you can still dance like you're 19!

1 comment: