Monday, October 12, 2009

When It Rains It Pours

I've been here 8 weeks and haven't seen rain..I'm talking about my tears tonight!



I'm having a pitty party...so if you're in the area, please stop by!



Well my night was moving along wonderfully, being that Monday's are my favorite night of the week because the kids are still tired from the weekend and in bed by 7:15 and Craig has basketball. It's usually just me, a cup of coffee, and peace and quiet! Hey, I'm a simple kinda girl!



I was looking over our plans for Cape Town because we are leaving Friday morning - when all of the sudden I was hit with an overwhelming feeling. I can't believe that in 3 days I'm going to one of the most "beautiful places on earth". WOW!! It made me remember a conversation that I had with Craig's Aunt Bettie a day or 2 before we left. I told her that I felt like "Why me? Why do my family and I deserve all of these wonderful blessings?" She said that it reminded her of King David and what he said in 2Samuel 7:18.



That's when it started! I went upstairs and grabbed our family's "prayer box" from my nightstand. It contains notes, scriptures, quotes and so forth inside. Numerous family members wrote down these things and gave us the box before we left. I knew Bettie had written that one down for me and I wanted to see it tonight.



* Confession: I'll admit...I've stayed clear away from that box until tonight. I knew I needed to "get myself situated" and well underway before I could allow myself to have any breakdowns. And after reading all the notes, I'm glad it happened tonight. Alone! So that I could truly enjoy my breakdown..haha..if that makes sense.



So after reading each and every note, and after a downpour of tears, I have this to say to our wonderful famiy: Thank you for your words of wisdom, your thoughful poems and quotes, and most of all...thank you for the scripture that reminds me that all of our blessings come from the Lord. I am truly counting my blessings tonight! I have so much to be thankful for and the overwhelming feeling of gratitute...belongs to you, Lord!



"Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family that you have brought me this far?" 2Samuel 7:18

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad your family can bring you such great blessings even from abroad!
    (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful parting gift...something you can always go back to for comfort!

    ReplyDelete