Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Believe

Hello, my name is Victoria and I'm home sick! THERE, I said it!



As the holidays are creeping up on me, the nagging thought of being here in Luanda with NO friends, NOTHING to do, NO WHERE to go, well it finally ate me up! The more and more people that I talk to, the more and more I realize that it is not a good idea to be here when everyone else is gone. See, what keeps us going are the people and the events. With no people and no events to look forward to.....well, that can take a toll on someone. I'd rather it not be me!



I've been begging Craig to let us go home the first of December and come back the week of Christmas so we could be here with him. That way we could still make our trip to Johannesburg on the 26th AND we would get to go home for a few weeks to enjoy some holiday festivities and shopping and eating in the states.



I don't know if it was the talk about Casa Ole or Pumpkin Pie from Sam's, but whatever it was, he caved too! He spent hours on the phone last night and was able to cancel our reservation (with a pretty hefty fee :-(), and get us some tickets home!!!!!!!!!!!!! He only got 4 hours of sleep last night! Thank you Craig!!



It will not be an easy trip home because this late in the game, my options are limited....and COSTLY. I will leave the 10th and fly to Dubai on Emirates (luckily I will be with a friend and her kids) and arrive in Houston on the 11th. It is a 27 hour flight! 7 or 8 hours to Dubai, a 4 hour layover and a 16 or 17 hour flight to Houston....WHEW! Craig will leave the 24th and arrive on Christmas Day! We will be able to stay until Jan. 8th!



Now, unfortunately this will change up our plans for Spring Break, but oh well....I'm happy about coming home for Christmas and so are the kids! I was a little stressed about the cost but everything works out in the end.



When Craig got to work this morning there was an email from our realtor that an offer was accepted on our house. Things like this aren't coincidence!



I believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment