Wednesday, June 3, 2009

God is Good

We have been waiting for this day for months now and it has finally arrived!!

Here is a recap of my evening:
I was sitting at the table talking to the kids while they ate dinner and at precisely 6:58 PM the phone rang. It was Craig calling to tell me that he woke up to go to the bathroom (It's nearly 1am there) and while he was up he checked his email and received his official offer.

HOLY COW! This is it. There is absolutely no turning back now, It's officially official!

He forwarded me the offer and I anxiously printed off the 20 page document so that I could go over it with a fine tooth comb tonight. After glancing over it, I probably understand 1/10 of what it says :-)

So, as I predicted...the stress has arrived. I've literally got a million and one things to do. He plans to schedule my preassignment trip tomorrow when he gets to the office. That will take place mid-July. Once that is complete, it is pack and move time!

The kids were thrilled to hear the news and they each took turns congratulating their daddy. He is very excited and can't wait to have us over there. It will be a very memorable experience for the entire family. It will give us opportunities and adventures that we would never have thought possible. I feel safe and at the moment I have no concerns whatsoever. Craig has spent the majority of the past year there and has felt 100% secure the entire time. He really enjoys it. The only person that might have trouble is me. I'm leaving behind my career and lots of wonderful friends and a family that I am very close to. It's emotional for me but on the flip side, I get to be a full time mom! That's exciting. I get to be there when the kids walk in the door from school. The laundry will be done, the dishes clean, dinner made. I won't have to take time away from them to do those things anymore....and to me, that is going to be the greatest reward. Maybe I'll run for PTA president....

No comments:

Post a Comment